Best Mobile Apps for Packing and Moving
There are smartphone apps to facilitate virtually everything, and moving is no exception. With so many things to remember during the entire relocation process, it’s easy to forget or overlook certain things. However, these helpful mobile apps will assist you along the way, saving you money, time and stress.
Packing and Moving:
- My Move (free, 5 stars) – My Move is a complete move planner. It has functions to help you pack, calculate your moving weight and search for licensed movers. It also includes packing checklists and various other moving tips.
- College Packing List (free, 4.5 stars) – If you’re off to college, this app helps you keeps track of your packing. It comes preloaded with a master list of items, divided into 6 categories. You can easily add or delete certain items specific to your needs.
- GasBuddy (free, 4.6 stars) – This app is especially helpful if you are moving long distance or you are renting gas-guzzling moving truck. GasBuddy finds the cheapest gas near your current location. I use this app on all road trips, and it’s saved me bundles of money.
- DocuSign Ink (free, 5 stars) – This app allows you to sign documents and get signatures right on your phone. Use it to sign lease and rental agreements, fill out forms and review project estimates. It’s completely safe and secure.
- GrubHub (free, 4.6 stars) – At the end of a long moving day, you are probably not going to want to unpack the kitchen and cook dinner. This app finds all nearby food for pick-up or delivery. Once you find something appealing, view a menu and order directly from the app.
If you have any mobile apps that have helped you move, let us know on Facebook and Twitter