Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used on this web site.
The Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information: You are not required to provide your personally identifiable information when you visit the americanvanlines.com. However, in order to obtain information, including moving quotes from us you must fill out and submit a quote request form containing personally identifiable information including without limitation your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, and information pertaining to your Relocation Service.
Passive Information: AVL automatically collects information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
- IP Address Logs: We log Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, i.e., the location of your computer on the Internet.
How We Use The Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their commercial use. We share personally identifiable customer information with unaffiliated third parties only as described herein.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Protection of Our Web Site and Others: We reserve the right to release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Site Use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of this company, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to monitor user traffic patterns, analyze and quantify user preferences, improve the design and content of our Site, and enable us to personalize your user experience. All such usage data shall be the exclusive property of americanvanlines.com.
How Can You Access or Correct Information
You may obtain information regarding the personally identifiable information that americanvanlines.com has collected about you online for the limited purpose of viewing and correcting any factual errors in such information. Please send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting information about or corrections to your personally identifiable information:
Special Notes for Parents
The web site you are visiting is our general audience web site and was not designed for children. We are not responsible for any access or use of this web site by children. This web site does not sell products for purchase by children.