American Van Lines & the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As COVID-19 forces us to rethink daily life, we are doing our part at American Van Lines to take excellent care of our valued customers and employees. We understand that being a customer service first moving company means doing absolutely everything we can to meet the safety protocols recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). The safety of our employees and customers is our top priority and we will do everything we can to keep you safe and healthy while providing the moving services you deserve.
Here are some of the safety measures we’ve put in place:
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout our offices.
- Virtual and phone estimates are encouraged instead of in-home estimates.
- Remote work (work-from-home) is in effect for most positions. More space is available in our offices so employees can sit at least 6 feet apart and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Employees who feel ill are instructed to stay home.
- Employees who exhibit any ill type symptoms are sent home.
- Drivers who feel ill are instructed to stay home.
- Trucks are disinfected when supplies are available.
- Our delivery drivers are equipped with proper protective gear when available (masks and gloves).
- Our delivery trucks all have soap and water for drivers to disinfect between moves.
While we have been proactive to ensure that we protect our drivers as we protect our customer, there are also some things that you should do during your move to increase your chances of staying safe and healthy as well.
Here’s what you should do:
- Use gloves when exchanging documents for signing.
- Stand six feet away from our movers when communicating with them.
- Don’t use used packing materials such as cardboard boxes from just anywhere. The coronavirus can live on cardboard surfaces for 24 hours (according to Businessinsider.com). Our boxes should be considered a safer option.
- Have extra gloves, masks, and hand sanitizers available in case our movers run out, only to be used on your move. Allow our movers to wash their hands with soap and water often.
- If you or someone in your household isn’t feeling well, please inform us ahead of time. If you need to cancel your move due to COVID-19, give us a call as soon as possible as we are adjusting our cancellation policy during this time.
- Wash your hands often.
Moving and storage is considered an essential business. We plan to stay operational while maintaining strict safety measures each and every step of the way. We will continue to closely monitor government and industry updates and act accordingly. Please check our website daily for any updates that may affect your upcoming move.