Things to Know When Hiring Office Movers
There are tons of movers and packers in every city. That is why it is good to know what you are looking for and what to expect when hiring movers for an office relocation job. The process can be smooth and easy or a complete nightmare. We would like to share the steps that will guide you through the hiring professional movers process with ease.
- Start with recommendations from your partners or friends who may know of a few local office movers. This way, you can get an opinion from someone that has actually dealt with a specific moving company before.
- Carry on and do some research on moving companies in your area. This is your time to screen out companies that you feel will not be the best for you. Bing or Google can help you find options in seconds. By the end of your initial screening, you should be left with three to five companies that you can narrow down to the right one for you. Check whether all selected companies have membership at The American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA). AMSA makes sure that all their members follow state and government regulations.
- The next step to do is to call the remaining companies on your list and schedule an in-office estimate. Having a binding written estimate guarantees you that the company will not charge over an estimated price.
- When the estimator arrives at your office, tell him/her in every detail the service you expect from the moving company. When you are done collecting estimates, review them in detail and choose the best one.
- Then it is time to firmly decide on the best estimate and call the company to schedule the move.
- Finally, get a written inventory list from the movers so that there is nothing missed, left behind or forgotten about.
If you follow these steps, you will assure yourself that you are hiring the right movers.
Check out American Van Lines on Facebook to learn more about how we can help with your next move. Our certified, professional movers are ready to assist you!